our ticketing policy
1. By purchasing a ticket to an Event through the BSO website, from the BSO ticketing officer (in person or otherwise), or from the Venue Ticket Desk, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
2. In these Terms and Conditions:
BSO / We / Us /Our means Brisbane Symphony Orchestra Inc. ABN 95 305 596 533;
BSO website means www.brisbanesymphony.org.au;
Event means the concert at which the Brisbane Symphony Orchestra is performing;
Suitable identification means current photographic drivers licence or passport or Australian Proof of Age card, or another form of identification acceptable in the sole discretion of the BSO ;
Venue means the occupier or manager of the premises at which the Event is to take place;
Venue Ticket Desk means the box office at front-of-house established no earlier than 45 minutes before the start of the Event;
3. No refund or exchange on the fee charged for your ticket will be given in any circumstances except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) or in the sole discretion of BSO. In the exercise of its discretion, the BSO will be guided by the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. Please note however, BSO is not a member of Live Performance Australia (LPA), and therefore no complaint may be made to LPA from a decision of BSO with respect to ticketing.
4. We reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists or vary the advertised programs, performance times, venue and seating arrangements (including seating capacity).
5. All prices are quoted in Australian dollars and are GST exclusive. Unless otherwise notified, transactions with BSO do not include GST. BSO is not required to be registered for GST.
6. Prices are subject to change without notice. We may or may not at any time decide to sell discounted tickets as part of a promotion for the Event including student rush tickets.
7. A transaction fee may apply to your purchase. If so, you will be notified of the fee before completing your ticket purchase.
8. At the Event, you accept and agree to the Venue’s conditions of entry, if any. If you do not comply with the Venue’s conditions of entry, you may be refused admission or asked to leave.
9. BSO and the Venue reserve right of admission.
10. Tickets will not be sent in the post. Instead you will be supplied with a virtual ticket via email to print at home and that you will be required to bring with you to the Event to gain entry.
11. If duplicate copies of a ticket appear, you may be asked to provide either Suitable identification or proof of purchase or both, and any unauthorised duplicate ticket holder will be refused entry to the venue.
12. We may cancel a ticket if we form the view that a ticket has been purchased using a stolen credit card, false identity, or otherwise purchased fraudulently.
13 We may refuse entry if a ticketholder is unable to provide evidence of their entitlement to the class of ticket they are presenting, (e.g. child, concession, student).
14. Tickets are general admission only, unless otherwise specified.
15. To ensure an enjoyable Event for all, you are requested to:
(a) ensure your mobile telephone and all electronic mobile devices are turned off or set to silent mode at the commencement of the Event;
(b) be respectful of other ticket holders by observing appropriate decorum;
(c) supervise children appropriately;
(d) be tolerant of other concert goers and be mindful that BSO is a community orchestra. All members of the community, including children, are welcomed at BSO Events;
(e) follow any directions made by ushers, Venue staff, or BSO personnel.
Registration and privacy
16. Before purchasing a ticket from the BSO website, you may be required provide a valid email address and contact phone number. These details are necessary to facilitate the ticketing process and unless otherwise specifically stated are used for notification purposes only.
18. To the extent permitted by law, BSO is not liable to you for any loss or damage arising as a result of your purchase of tickets or attendance or non-attendance at the Event or venue. BSO does not provide ticket or travel insurance.
19. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time and will apply to any purchases made immediately after their posting on the BSO website.